Hello, my name is Mr. Raines. This year, I will be teaching your child science and debate. I’ve been a teacher with the Cambridge School for eight years. I’ve taught math, science, art, Spanish, technology, and reading. I’m weighing a high degree of flexibility, creativity, competence, and creativity to all of my lessons. As a science teacher, I aspire to instill a passion and curiosity about the universe that will translate into the everyday life of your child. For those of you who have never had a child in my class, I’m excited about the world that we will be opening and discovering together.
As your child’s debate teacher, I will teach them to think critically about everything from media to politics. Then, I will teach them to build solid arguments as a way of building better agency in a world of conflicting influences. So be prepared, allowance negotiations may be forthcoming.
Here are some “need- to- know” the items that will help you understand some of the daily routines and protocols in my classroom.
- · I will be giving a weekly assessment every Friday. Barring emergencies, any changes to the schedule will be announced.
- · I post all of my grades on an online grade book. The grades for your child can be viewed at www.engrade.com. I have already sent home the username and password for your child.
- · I strive to have grades entered by the end of the day or over the weekend.
- · I like to give extra credit points for extracurricular studies. This year, students can get extra points by completing small scale science experiments or by completing an independent research project.
- · I value communication, and as a Christian, esteem reconciliation. So I require that students call me with any questions that they have with my assignments and that parents call me with questions about anything. I can be reached at or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be messaged in Engrade. Do not worry about disturbing me.
- · I will communicate to you weekly through my online blog, The Dali (cambridgesas.blogspot.com). If you are not receiving this e-mail weekly, please let me know.
- I am looking forward to a partnership with my students and their parents this school year. My door is always open, and so is my classroom.
In Service,Mr. Raines