The S.T.E.M and Arts blog by Aurelius Raines II

The S.T.E.M and Arts blog by Aurelius Raines II
"Producers, not Consumers"

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Meet Mr. Raines

Hello!
My name is Aurelius Raines II. I will be teaching the X-Men group for the remainder of the summer.
I've been a teacher with the Cambridge School for 10 years. I've taught every grade from Pre-K to 8th and every subject from Spanish to Science. If you want to learn about what I do, feel free to Google/YouTube me (I am the second of three Aurelius'. I am neither the pastor or the 13-year-old rapper/poet. You can keep track at the AWESOME things that we do at my blog cambridgesas.blogspot.com.
I want to really leverage the time I have with your students. With your support, I look forward to making a lot of progress!

Here is a summary of my plan:






ASSESSMENT
This first week has been spent reassessing your child's skill level. I know this has been done already, I just have some extra questions that will give me a better idea of how we are going to move forward. I've spent this week reviewing and creating a general and individual lesson plan for each one of my students.

MATH
One of the areas of need that I have already identified concern fractions, decimals, and logical thinking. In addition to the work that I'll be doing with them in class, the students will get along a lot better if they also do some practicing at home. Khanacademy.org has a wealth of math lessons and practice problems that I can track easily from anywhere. This will give me real-time intelligence on their progress and help me to adjust their individual lesson plan as time goes on. It will also be a tool that you, as a parent, can use as your student goes into the next school year.

READING AND WRITING
I will build students writing and structure skills with daily writing prompts, workshops, and evaluations. We will read a series of short stories and essays to see model of good writing and as a way of build reading comprehension and informational text. Click here to see the writing rubric I will be using. 

I love feed back and thrive on communication with my students and their parents. Please do not be shy about calling, texting, or e-mailing me. Teachers have VERY boring night lives. 


Cell: 773-727-9092


No comments:

Post a Comment